WATA Advisory Committee (WAC)
Citizen input regarding our public transportation system is essential to WATA's success. This input affords WATA the insight and ability to make informed decisions providing excellent public transportation that meets the needs of the Williamsburg area. The WATA Advisory Committee includes a diverse group of community members representing a spectrum of transportation and community needs.
- Help identify the transportation needs of the Williamsburg area
- Provide WATA administration with feedback and recommendations for improving operational or service issues affecting WATA customers
- Serve as a forum where members can provide comments and insight about service expansions, reductions, or modifications
- Offer input into WATA's customer outreach activities and serve as WATA ambassadors by educating and bringing a positive awareness to the community on the value and offerings of public transportation
Members should include though not be limited to persons who currently use or have the desire to use public transportation. WAC members will be appointed by the WATA Board of Directors upon recommendation by WATA staff. Ideally, the Committee will be comprised of up to 10 members, including those representing the following groups:
- James City County
- City of Williamsburg
- York County
- Persons with Disabilities
- College of William & Mary
- Senior Citizen
Regularly scheduled meetings will be held at least once per quarter, or four (4) times per year. The committee can decide to hold additional meetings if it is deemed by the committee as necessary.
Apply to Join the Committee
Please email info@goWATA.org to request an application. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. WATA will contact applicants if and when a position becomes vacant.