Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Due to the ongoing virus situation WATA has limited service disruptions and additional safety precautions in place effective immediately.
As of March 18, 2020 4:00pm
WATA staff have implemented additional cleaning and safety measures to help combat the threat of this virus.
Passengers are asked to please board the bus through the back door of the bus. WATA operators will NOT be collecting any fares until further notice, all fixed route rides are free. No passenger should cross the caution tape and approach the front of the bus. Only wheelchairs and some elderly passengers will be permitted to sit in the front section of each bus.
WATA staff have also taken additional cleaning measures and will continue to do their best to ensure a safe and reliable transportation service.
Please continue to monitor social media outlets and web alerts throughout this crisis. Stay safe!
As of March 16, 2020 at 1:40pm
CANCELLATION: WATA Board of Directors meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 18, 2020 has been cancelled/postponed due to social distancing and coronavirus concerns. WATA will post information here and on Twitter if/when the meeting is rescheduled.
As of March 16, 2020 at 10:45am
The following changes are active immediately:
- Trolley Service is suspended through 3/29
- All frequency service is suspended through 3/29
- Routes 1 & 2 will discontinue service at 9pm through 3/29
- Route 8 will operate from 10am - 9pm Mon-Sat, and 10am - 6pm on Sundays
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
WATA will provide free rides to and from the following locations for students and their families. This will allow families to be able to receive “Grab and Go” meals
Bus Routes that go near these locations:
• James River Elementary School – Route 1
• James Blair Middle School – Route 2 and Route 5
• Toano Middle School – Route 9
• Warhill High School – Route 4
• Student Medication Pickup is Monday 3/16/2020 only, at all WJCC schools if a passenger states they are going to pick up or coming back from picking up their child meds from the school clinic we will give a free ride to and from that location.
WATA has implemented additional cleaning measures through 3/29 to help ensure the safety of all of its staff and riders.
Please continue to monitor the website and all social media outlets to stay up to date with the latest information from WATA.